90 years of Service
Sam E. Hill's twelve-month program has been in the community since 1952, serving preschool children and their families. It has been supported by county government, Department of Human Services, and our local school system. We have implemented the Opening the World of Learning Curriculum, which is developmentally appropriate and enhanced by technology and parent/community involvement.
Mrs. Wendy Laman
Misson Statement: Sam E. Hill Family Community Center will Serve Children,
Empower Parents, Strengthen Families and Support Communities.
Directions to Sam E. Hill Family Community Center:
- Take I-40 and exit I-640 North to Lexington.
- Exit Western Avenue east toward town.
- Go to the third red light on Western (New Gray Cemetery on right) and take a left onto Texas Avenue.
- At first red light, take a right onto Sherman. Go to the second street.
- Turn left onto Delaware Avenue.
- The center is on the left.